Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chicken & Waffles...who knew?

2011 is becoming the year of trying new things and the most enjoyable thus far has been Lemon Bar (in Uptown) brunch. Never having been to Lemon Bar, I can proudly say that I've gone twice in February alone.

Saturday brunch at this trendy spot is something like I haven't seen. It's a restaurant full of 20-somethings who look as though they are recovering from a long night out. With a room full of hangovers, what's more appropriate than bottomless mimosas served in bottomless carafes? Nothing, I tell you..

But let's be serious, I'm not here to talk about orange juice. The real showstopper is the Chicken & Waffles. The brunch menu only consists of about 7 items, but could be easily trimmed down to just one. The chicken is lightly fried and pairs nicely with the fluffy Belgian waffle. You can't eat the entire plate without trying the ultimate bite at least once: Chicken, gravy, waffle, syrup and butter.

The portion size is huge and after eating my entire plate and 2/3 of Courtney's, I was ready for a Saturday afternoon nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment